Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Isagenix - 30 Day Detox

Ok... so I'm on a detox diet.  I wouldn't really say it's a diet, other than the my calories are dramatically reduced, but more like a nutritional awakening.  It's called Isagenix.  Here's how it came to be:

My girlfriend did the 30 day program back in May and I was skeptical at first but shocked and amazed at the transformation during the 30 days.  Now why this isn't necessarily a weight loss program, weight loss is an added bonus for those looking to drop a few pounds.  Anyway, she ended up losing about 14 pounds and not sure exactly how many inches, but lets just say she needs new jeans!  The craziest thing to me wasn't her weight loss or inches, but was her energy levels!  I mean, it was night and day!  We were kinda the coffee, Rockstar, Monster, and Red Bull couple!  That's how we got through our average days.  Long days it was two or three of those things!  No more... at least for her.  I remember watching the documentary Food Matters a while back and a guy saying that the reason people "crash" in the afternoon is because of malnourishment.  Well, she was living proof.  That's what turned me onto to this program.  I was pretty tired of being tired.  And for those of you that know me, I'm an active individual who for the most part eats relatively "healthy," but I must admit a majority of my foods have ingredients that I can barely pronounce and are ready in 30 seconds to a minute in the microwave.

Anyway, I was so fascinated and inspired that I am giving it a try and documenting the entire process.

Here's a description from the website:

The 30-day supply of the Cleansing and Fat Burning System helps you create a cleansing and nutrient infusion routine to optimize health, help you feel younger and more energetic. Each pack is a full 30-day supply. Stimulant-free.

You may experience:
  • Energy boost
  • Consistent weight loss over time
  • Reduced cravings for unhealthy food
  • Improved muscle tone
  • Balanced digestion
Now I don't really need or care to lose any weight, but improved muscle tone is always nice.  And hey, I'm not getting any younger so I could afford to start taking a little better care of myself.

Here are the components to the program:
1qty - Ionix® Supreme
2 qty - Cleanse for Life™
4 qty - IsaLean® Shake
1 qty - Natural Accelerator™
1 qty- Isagenix Snacks!™
1 qty - IsaFlush!®
4 individual qty - Want More Energy?® Sticks

I won't go into great detail about each component (that's what the hyperlink is for), but I'll comment a little on the taste as I break down the recommended Daily Cleanse Schedule.

Day One - August 1st
First thing in the morning calls for 2oz of Cleanse for Life and 8oz of water.  I can do that!  I've always heard that one should drink a full glass of water first thing in the morning anyway.  The Cleanse for Life doesn't taste too bad, kinda like a thicker healthier cough syrup.

Recommended to wait 15-20 before breakfast.

Breakfast:  1oz of Ionix Supreme, 1 Isalean Shake, and 1 Natural Accelerator.  Another shot, ok.  This one I can only describe as similar to Cleanse for Life, except a little "Herbier" and "Spicier."  It was only an ounce shot, I can live with that.  The shake; you had a choice between Chocolate, Vanilla, or both during the ordering process and I chose Chocolate.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It was actually pretty good.  Now it's not In and Out or Wendy's Frosty good, but hey its actually good for you.  Can't really say that about In and Out and Wendy's.  And finally a Natural Accelerator.  A small pill capsule that's filled with natural thermogenic ingredients such as cayenne, green tea, cinnamon, ginseng and...no caffeine.  I've heard about the fat burning properties of green tea, cayenne, and cinnamon before... ok I'm still game.


Healthy AM Snack:  They suggest either the Isagenix Snack Wafers, Fruit, Veggies, Almonds, Hard Boiled Eggs, or 2-3 oz of a lean protein.  The Isagenix Snack Wafers I find to be quite tasty.  You can eat up to two as a snack and they kinda taste like Nestle Quick powder packed into a tiny cookie.  It's dry but I like it. 


Healthy Lunch (400-600 calories) & Natural Accelerator:  Now this is totally open to whatever you like.  They suggest a lean protein and some green veggies.

Healthy PM Snack:  Same options as AM Snack.

Dinner:  Isalean Shake

Bed Time:  2oz of Cleanse for Life and 1-2 IsaFlush capsules.  Another shot and some pills, ok.  Now I know what IsaFlush sounds like, but I can assure you that it's not a laxative!  It's another product that you can actually read the ingredients label and it's said to aid in your digestion as you sleep.

So that's a Daily Cleanse Schedule.  Tomorrow I'll post how I approached Day 1 and even Day 2 since I've now completed 2 days of the program.

To be continued...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment